Grünes Gewölbe mezi pokladnicí a barokním muzeem. Historie sbírky do roku 1733
"The Grünes Gewölbe -between Art Repository and Baroque Museum. The Collection's History up to 1733."
bachelor thesis (DEFENDED)
- Kvalifikační práce 
Faculty / Institute
Catholic Theological Faculty
History of Christian Arts
Institute of Christian Art History
Date of defense
6. 6. 2008
PublisherUniverzita Karlova, Katolická teologická fakulta
KeywordsKeywords not found
121 Anglická anotace The Green Vault is among Europe's most exquisite and most famous treasure chambers. It was established as a baroque museum by the Saxon elector and Polish king August the Strong (1670-1733) between 1723 and 1730. During that period, the Wettin dynasty's sumptuous collection of Renaissance and Baroque treasures was placed on view for the first time in eight presentation rooms of the Royal Palace. The inventories of 1733 have survived and form the basis for the present reinstallation of the treasure chamber. In those documents, this group of rooms is referred to as the "Secret Repository of the Green Vault of Dresden. The malachite-green hue of various architectural elements in the rooms of the secret repository probably led to their colloquial designation as the "Green Vault" from as early as 1572. Between 1723 and 1730 August the Strong realized his vision of a Baroque synthesis of the arts as an expression of wealth and absolutist power. In harmony with the festive architecture, 3,000 artworks were presented standing freely against a background of richly embellished and mirrored display walls and on ornamental tables. In this incomparable Baroque setting, the individual artwork receded behind the overflowing abundance of the whole. The rooms themselves have their origins in palace...